Welcome to the fifth and final post in our series “Meal Plan Monday”! I hope you have found some new recipes to enjoy. I know I have! For our final week I asked my sister, Becky, to wrap it up. Becky is constantly making new recipes and (sometimes) sharing them with me. She agreed to share some here with us today. She blogs at Live Life Happy and Healthy and you can find her on instagram @rebekahbenner. She is currently studying to become a certified personal trainer.
And now onto her recipes!
Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 2 pounds of chicken, skinless boneless
- 2 small cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3 cups cornflakes
- cheddar cheese
- pre cook broccoli, set aside
- dice chicken into small pieces and fry it , set aside
- mix the soup, milk and melted butter, then add the chicken and broccoli
- place in 9×13 baking dish
- sprinkle cheddar cheese on top ( as much as you like)
- top with cornflakes, cover with tinfoil
- Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes
Honey Garlic Glazed Chicken Thighs
- 6 chicken thighs
- 4 cloves of garlic,
- 1/2c honey
- 1/4c soy sauce
- 1/4c brown sugar
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1/4c white vinegar ( you can add more for a little more kick)
- A few shakes of crushed red pepper , I add a lot of this but you can add to taste.
- a dash of salt
- 1/4c ketchup
- mix together everything but the chicken in a bowl. you can melt down the honey to make it easier, but it is not required.
- put it in a large Ziploc baggy and place the chicken in the bag, let it sit over night or you can freeze it.
- place it in a 9×13 baking dish , and cover with tinfoil bake @ 350 for and hour and a half. I always take the tinfoil off for the last 20 minutes so the skin gets crispy.
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 24 jumbo shells
- 1 onion , chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 jar of tomato sauce( I prefer a mushroom and onion sauce, but you can pick your favorite)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 egg
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 c mozzarella
- 1/2 c grated parmesan
- pre cook shells according to the package and set aside
cook sausage in frying pan all the way through, and drain any excess fat.
- mix together the following: onion, garlic, oregano, egg, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- add the sausage. Mix well, then add the stuffing to the shells.
- place tightly together the shells in a 9×13 baking dish and pour sauce over the top. cover with tin foil and bake for 25-30 minutes @350
- 1.5 lbs of ground beef
- 3cups of spiral noodles
- 3/4c milk
- 1/4c butter
- 1 package McCormick beef gravy packet
- 1/4c flour
- 1 small can of mushrooms ( you can use fresh as well)
- cook noodles according to the package and set aside
- cook ground beef in frying pan until done. (if you use fresh mushrooms cook them along with the beef. if you use canned mushrooms wait till the meat is almost done, then add the mushrooms.)
- when the meat is done add canned mushrooms, and the butter.
- melt the butter down and be sure to coat all the meat in it.
- sprinkle the flour over the meat and stir everything around, being sure to again cover all the meat.
- once you add the flour be careful because flour can burn easily.
- slowly add the milk, let it simmer for just a few minutes ( 2 or 3)
- sprinkle the gravy packet in the pan and stir it around.
- at this point it should be a thick gravy like texture. if you like it thicker you can add more flour, however remember this will thicken more over time.
- next step, pour meat sauce over noodles and enjoy!
Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1 package of frozen broccoli
- cheddar cheese
- bread crumbs
This is super simple but so yummy!
- cook broccoli and set aside
- Use a meat mallet and flatten out the chicken breast
- once flattened, lay the chicken skin side down and
- place broccoli and cheddar cheese on it and fold like a burrito.
- place in a 9×13 baking dish and sprinkle the top with bread crumbs. add a 1/2 inch of water to baking dish. then cover with tinfoil
- bake @ 350 for and 1 and a half hours. May take longer depending on how thin you made the chicken.
While that is baking you can prepare rice according to the package. Once the chicken is done place over rice and enjoy.
You can also add gravy to this if you would like.
And that’s a wrap for Meal Plan Monday! Thank you so much for following along. Let us know your favorite recipe from the series or even share your favorite recipe below! Did you get a chance to see the rest of the series? Here they are: Week One, Week Two, Week Three, Week Four.