I find waiting an incredibly hard thing to do. I hate it usually. For the past year the Lord has told Shane and I to wait. He has shown us some direction and we have moved when He told us to move…like applying for jobs in a different community. But still, here we are…waiting. Waiting to know where we should go. Waiting to know when we should go. It’s really hard to wait. I struggled with it much more over the summer than I do now. I have finally come to the point where I am okay with waiting on God. But it wasn’t easy to come to that point. I fought with it for months and months. Let me tell you, surrendering to God and His will (even if it is to just wait) has brought peace and happiness. I guess I finally learned that today God’s will is for me to wait.
With that in mind, I have grabbed a couple verse from Psalms to share with you about waiting. I am sure you have heard most of them before but it can be a real blessing to hear them again. Read them carefully and let the Lord speak to you. Then pass them along to someone else who might be struggling with waiting.
- Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause. Psalm 25:3
- Lead me in thy truth , and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day. Psalm 25:5
- Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee. Psalm 25:21
- Wait on the Lord: be of good courage and He shall strenghten thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. Psalm 27:14
- Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass. Psalm 37:7
- For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth. Psalm 37:9
- Wait on the Lord, and keep His way, and He shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shall see it. Psalm 37:34
- I will praise thee forever, because thou hast done it: and I will wait on thy name; for it is good before thy saints. Psalm 52:9
- My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him. Psalm 62:5
- I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. Psalm 130:5
I encourage you to open up your Bible and read these verses for yourself. While you are at it read the surrounding verses. You will walk away encouraged for sure. What are you waiting on the Lord for today? What verse has helped you through? Share it in the comments. It may be a blessing to us, too!