I have been testing granola recipes on and off for a couple years now. I have finally found one that I LOVE and worked well with gluten free oats. I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oats for the recipe that I found on Like Mother Like Daughter.
Here is her recipe:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup canola oil
4 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Combine brown sugar, honey and canola oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
3. Cook, stirring often until sugar is dissolved.
4. Pour brown sugar mixture over oats and add cinnamon and salt. Stir until oats are evenly coated.
5. Spread granola mixture over a cookie sheet (sprayed with pam) and press mixture down.
6. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15-20 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before breaking apart and into pieces.
8. Store in a ziplock bag or other air tight container.
The kids and I really enjoyed it. We ate it by itself, with some chocolate chips, on top of yogurt, etc. Next time I am thinking of putting some cocoa powder in it, just because I find a way to get chocolate into almost anything.